This is a cute bird in a picture, but I have no figured out how to translate that very well to leather.
Painted is Meh…
So I made another one last night:
And dyed the background with Fiebings leather dye, since the finished product is supposed to be blue.
I dyed the bird as well – oops, I thought my dye undiluted yellow. Apparently not. I guess this yellow warbler is now an orange warbler.
I was trying to use substantially less paint, and thus leave the leather look mostly intact… but since I dyed it orange, I ended up doing a lot more painting than I had hoped to do. Oh well. And obviously I need to do a study of rendering twigs in leather because this one leaves a lot to be desired.